General Statement of Terms and Conditions
Hire and use of Somerford ARC Community Centre and its facilities is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A booking form must be submitted with a damages and late cancellation deposit of £50.00 (if required) before a booking is finalised.
- Full payment for the hire, including the damages and late cancellation deposit (if required) must be made 14 days before the event or the booking will be cancelled.
- Short notice bookings less than 14 days before the event, will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Damage and late cancellation deposits will be refunded within 14 days after the event, once staff have checked the Centre and are happy there are no damages, and the Centre has been left as it was found (this will also include the cleanliness of the Centre). If the Centre is left unclean a percentage of the deposit will be kept for cleaning charges. (An information sheet of where all the cleaning equipment is and what we expect from you will be given to you on arrival of your event).
- Damage and late cancellation Deposits cannot be used as part payment towards your hire fee.
- Any charges for damage, breakages, cleaning, or failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions, will lead to loss of deposit, the hirer will also be liable for any excesses over and above the deposit amount, and these amounts will be at the discretion of the Trustees.
- The period of hire must include the additional time required for setting up before and clearing away after the event. Somerford ARC will ensure there is an adequate time slot of 15 to 30 minutes between bookings.
- Included in the hire is the kitchen, including equipment and the use of tables and chairs.
- Termination of hire:
- Monday - Fridays hire must end, and the centre must be vacated by 11.00pm
- Saturdays hire must end, and the centre must be vacated by 11.00pm.
- Sundays and Bank Holidays Hire must end, and the centre must be vacated by 11.00pm
- Policies and Procedures
- On booking you will receive a copy of the following Policies and Procedures:
- Fire Safety Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- First Aid Policy
- All hirers must read, agree, comply and sign to say they have fully understood the Policies and Procedures of Somerford ARC Community Centre.
- The fire evacuation procedure is as stated in this document.
Copies of the Somerford ARC Community Centres full Policies and procedures can be requested or found on our website www.somerfordarc.com
- If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before the date of the event and the Trustees are unable to conclude a replacement booking, then Somerford ARC Community Centre reserves the right to keep the deposit.
- Somerford ARC Community Centre reserves the right to withhold £20.00 of the deposit held, for any bookings cancelled 4 weeks before an event.
- For regular bookings, if your class/group is cancelled and we are unable to fill the hire time slot the Trustees will require you to pay for the hire period at a 50% discount.
- Somerford ARC Community Centre reserve the right to cancel this hiring by giving notice to the hirer in the event of:
- The premises being required for use as a Polling Station
- The Trustees consider the hiring will lead to a breach of these terms and conditions
- The premises becoming unfit for the use intended by the hirer
- In any such case the Hirer will be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid, but the Trustees will not be liable to the hirer for any resulting or indirect loss or damages whatsoever
- Age of Hire
- The hirer must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- The hirer during the duration of hire is responsible for:
- Supervision of the premises
- Supervision of the fabrics and contents of the premises; their care and safety from damage
- The behaviour and safety of persons using the premises
- The named hirer will be expected to remain on the premises for the full duration of the function and ensure full compliance with this agreement
- Use of Premises
- Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement.
- Hirer shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used in any unlawful way or purpose.
- Equal Opportunities
- Use of Somerford ARC Community Centre must comply with the Equality ACT 2010.
- Hirer must ensure our centre is open to all members of the community and no service user is discriminated against on the grounds of but not limited to the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010:
· Gender reassignment
· Pregnancy/ maternity
· Marital status
· Civil partnership
· Religion/ belief
· Sexual orientation
- Somerford ARC Community Centre holds a Performing Rights Society (PRS) Licence, therefore live and recorded music can be played during opening hours.
- Health & Safety
- The Centres full Health & Safety Policy can be found on the notice board in the entrance hall and on our website.
- The number of persons in the hall at any one time must not exceed one hundred.
- There is no telephone in the Centre for hirers use. Hirers are strongly advised to have a mobile phone available for emergency use.
- All hirers are responsible for ensuring that necessary DBS checks are held or obtained in accordance with the Centre’s Safeguarding Policy, which can be found on the notice board and on the website. All hirers must supply the Centre Manager with a copy of their DBS checks.
- The hirer shall ensure that no animals, except for guide dogs, are brought into the hall other than at a special event agreed by management.
- Hirers must ensure that they have adequate Public Liability Insurance as this is not covered by these terms and conditions.
- Any persons using the premises do so at their own risk.
- The Centre’s Trustees cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or loss, theft or damage to the property or personal belonging to any person while on the premises or left on the premises at the end of the hire period.
- Please use the trolley provided for moving chairs to avoid injury, after use chairs should be stacked no higher than 7 chairs.
- Health and Hygiene
- If you are preparing food in the kitchen, we recommend that you have at least one person with a Food Safety Qualification or Training.
- All food prepared in the Centre’s kitchen must be prepared in accordance with The Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995.
- If you are planning to prepare food in the kitchen you must fill out the Centre’s Catering Application Form.
- Children are not permitted in the kitchen.
- Hirer must be aware that on some occasions other hirers may be using the Centre and may have to share use of the kitchen.
- No animals are to enter the kitchen at any time.
- First Aid, Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences
- First Aid boxes can be found in the kitchen, entrance hall, main hall, and I.T Suite.
- Accident books can be found in the entrance hall, main hall, and I.T Suite.
- It is all vital all sections of the accident book are completed.
- Completed forms must be handed to a member of the Somerford ARC Staff or posted in the blue post box located on the front of the building.
- All accidents must be reported.
- Any failure of equipment belonging to Somerford ARC Community Centre or brought in by the hirer must be reported in accordance with the Reporting Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR).
- Fire Safety
- The hirer must nominate a competent person to take charge in case of Fire. That person must make him/herself familiar with the Centre’s Fire and Evacuation Policy.
- At no time will the hirer cover any emergency, or fire safety signs with banners or decorations.
- Hirer to ensure that the evacuation policy is followed in the event of a fire or other emergency and that all persons at the Centre can escape unimpeded through the Fire Exits to assemble in the designated assembly area.
- Improper operation of the Fire Alarm or extinguishers will result in the automatic loss of deposit.
- Fire Doors must remain unobstructed during the hire duration.
- Copies of the Fire and Evacuation Procedure are displayed on the notice board in all rooms around the centre.
- In the event of a fire, however small, the premises must be evacuated in an orderly manner and the fire services must be called by dialling 999. Stating the following address:
- Somerford ARC Community Centre, 20 Southey Road, Christchurch, BH23 3EH
- Fire Evacuation
On Hearing the Alarm
The hirer, their guests and all others present in the building MUST evacuate immediately
WHERE POSSIBLE EVACUATE TO THE PRIMARY ASSEMBLY POINT
Assembly Point is the Car Park in front of building
Exit via the main front door and fire exit doors of our building and via the passageways either side of the building making your way to the front of the building to the assembly point
- Electrical Safety and Portable Appliances
- All electrical equipment brought into the premises by the hirer must be in good condition and have the minimum recommended electronic testing (i.e., PAT tested).
- No unauthorised portable appliances shall be used on the premises when open to the public.
- Gaming, Betting, and Lotteries
- Nothing shall be done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to betting, gaming, and lotteries.
- Public safety compliance
- The hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Local Authority, the Licensing Authority, and the Centres Fire Risk Assessment or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which constitutes regulated entertainment, at which alcohol is sold or provided, or which is attended by children.
- The hirer to comply with the Somerford ARC Community Centres Health and Safety Policy.
- Somerford ARC Community Centre holds Public Liability cover of £5million.
- The hirer shall be liable for:
- The cost of repaid of any damage (including accidental and malicious damage) done to any part of the premises and its contents.
- All claims’ losses and damages and costs arising because of any nuisance caused to a third party because of the use of the premises by the hirer.
- All claims, losses, damages and costs made against or incurred by the Somerford ARC Community Centre, their employees, volunteers or service users in respect of damage of loss of property or injury to persons arising as a result of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment) by the hirer.
- Indemnifying the Somerford ARC Community Centre, its employees, volunteers, and service users against any of the above.
- If the hirer is a commercial business, the hirer must produce their Public Liability Insurance Certificate and a copy must be taken for the records stored at Somerford ARC Community Centre.
- Fireworks, Explosives and Flammable Substances
- Highly flammable substances are not brought into, or used, in any part of the premises
- No decorations are put up near light fittings or heaters
- Bringing Fireworks into, or the ignition of Fireworks in the Centre or groups, is expressly forbidden.
- Alcohol and Drunk and Disorderly Behaviour and Supply of Illegal Drugs
- No alcohol to be consumed on the premises.
- You must not sell alcohol within the premises.
- No hirer can be under the influence of alcohol to avoid disturbing neighbours and to avoid violent or criminal behaviour.
- Drunk and disorderly behaviour shall not be permitted on the premises or in its immediate vicinity, any persons suspected of being drunk or under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way will be asked to leave.
- No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises.
- Children ACT 1989 and Working with Vulnerable Adults
- All activities with children 8 years and younger are to comply with the provisions of The Children ATC 1989.
- Appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check certificates must be supplied.
- Checks may also apply where older children or vulnerable adults are attending activities.
- Somerford ARC Community Centre will need to be provided with your Safeguarding Policy.
- Sales of Goods
- The hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises ensure compliance with the Fair-Trading Laws and any code of practice used in conjunction with such sales.
- Hirer shall ensure that the total price of all goods is prominently displayed, as shall the organisers name and address.
- Bouncy Castles
- The Centre insurance does not cover Hirers for bouncy castle use unless the bouncy castle is booked through us. You must check that your own insurance covers your event or that the company you are using has insurance to cover the use of the bouncy castle. Hirers must ensure the bouncy castle is supervised by a responsible person.
- Please note that the height of the hall is restricted, therefore Hirers must ensure the bouncy castle they are hiring is under 2.5 meters. The bouncy castle must be positioned so the back is against the front of the stage to ensure the projectors secured to the ceiling is not damaged.
- When musical events are in progress the Hirer shall ensure the Exit Doors are closed to minimise annoyance to the neighbouring residents.
- Ensure minimum noise on arrival and departure, particularly late at night and early morning.
- Stored Equipment
- Somerford ARC Community Centre accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought onto or left at the premises and all liability for loss and damage is hereby excluded.
- All equipment and other property (other than stored equipment) must be removed at the end of hire.
- No alterations
- No alterations or additions are to be made to the premises nor shall any fixtures be installed without written approval from the Trustees.
- Please note, all areas inside of the building are designated as ‘No Smoking’
- The designated smoking area is to the left of the building as you walk out from the entrance hall. There is a cigarette bin provided in that area.
- Please ensure any cars parked in the Centre’s car park and surrounding streets are parked with respect to the neighbours’ access and emergency services. The Centre is not responsible for any damage or theft to property left in the car park.
- Winter Weather
- Whilst Somerford ARC Community Centre will endeavour to provide safe access to the Centre, in the event of snowfall or icy conditions we will not clear the car park, therefore caution is advised to all hirers in adverse weather conditions.
- Somerford ARC Community Centre reserve the right to close the Centre should conditions be deemed to be too hazardous.
- Opening, Cleaning and End of Hire
- Single use hirers will be greeted by a Somerford ARC Community Centre employee, who will return to the centre at the end of hire to close and secure the premises.
- Regular hirers must follow the entering and closing the premises procedure and ensure the alarm is set, and keys returned to the key safe.
- Treat the Centre with respect and care, leaving it clean and tidy
- Ensure the floors are swept or hovered and mopped if necessary
- All areas are left in a clean and tidy condition. (Cleaning equipment is in the kitchen and the disabled toilet) ensure any equipment is retuned to where you found it
- Toilets are left clean
- General waste bins are emptied and disposed of in the large bin in the carpark
- Do not use Sellotape, pins or other methods that may damage the paintwork of the building
- Decorations can be fixed with blu- tack
- Rubbish that does not fit in the appropriate bins is to be removed from the site by the hirer at the end of the hire period
- At no time leave the premises unattended
- Ensure the cooker and all kitchen appliances are switched off
- Ensure heaters in the main Hall are turned off
- Ensure all lights are switched off
- Lock all doors
- Close all windows
- Make sure the premises are secure
- Any complaints regarding any arrangements connected with the hiring of the Centre must be made in writing to management and received within 48 hours of the cause of the complaint arising.
Reviewed April 2022